What Takes Place During a Professional Dental Cleaning?
Posted by ANTHONY CORBO DDS on Jan 27 2022, 06:51 AM
Dental cleaning is an important process for keeping your teeth clean and your oral health in good shape. We encourage frequent dental cleanings to all of our patients at Anthony G Corbo DDS in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, since it is a simple and basic process that provides many benefits and helps keep their teeth and gums healthy.
What Is Dental Cleaning?
Dental cleaning is the removal of tough plaque and tartar from your mouth, which reduces inflammation and gum infection. Plaque contains dangerous bacteria that multiply when food is combined with saliva.
Why Do I Need to Have My Teeth Cleaned Regularly?
The vast majority of bacteria that live in our bodies do not harm us. Certain bacteria in tooth plaque, however, have the potential to cause cavities or gum disease if allowed to flourish. A dental cleaning will drastically reduce the amount of plaque and calculus in your mouth, lowering your risk of getting cavities or gum disease.
What Happens During Dental Cleanings?
Dental cleanings are carried out in the following steps:
- The dentist examines the mouth before beginning the real dental cleaning procedure. This examination is performed to detect early signs of gingivitis and other potential dental issues.
- After receiving the green signal, the dentist begins removing plaque and tartar with a small mirror and a scaling tool. After the teeth have been cleaned and tartar has been removed, your dentist will clean them again using a high-intensity electric toothbrush and toothpaste with a scrub-like consistency.
- The following stage is a professional flossing session. Here, the dentist digs deep into your teeth to locate the area where you may be bleeding at the gums. It ensures that all plaque and tartar from the teeth are eliminated.
- Finally, after rinsing your mouth, the dentist will administer a fluoride treatment to your teeth, which will protect them from cavities for several months.
Benefits of Dental Cleaning
Dental cleaning is necessary for people who have gum disease and are experiencing tooth loosening. As a result, dental cleaning provides you with benefits such as:
- The teeth above and below the gumline are deep cleaned.
- Treating the current infection and allowing it to heal more quickly.
- Protects the tooth root and eliminates foul breath caused by gum disease.
For the best dental care, contact Anthony G Corbo DDS at (954) 434-2234 or visit us at 13101 Old Sheridan St, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33330.