Invisalign: An Ideal Treatment for Dental Alignment
Posted by ANTHONY CORBO DDS on Oct 26 2021, 11:41 AM
Invisalign, also referred to as a clear aligner, is an orthodontic device worn to adjust and align the teeth. It is made of plastic and is transparent. Invisalign helps to put pressure on the teeth, which pushes them to the desired position. At Anthony G Corbo DDS, Invisalign is advised as an ideal orthodontic treatment for patients.
Advantages of Invisalign
- Invisalign is transparent and invisible on the teeth.
- It provides comfort compared to traditional braces.
- The orthodontic device is removable, which increases convenience in use.
- Invisalign provides better dental health to the patient.
- It treats bite conditions and speech impairment in patients.
- Invisalign improves the patient's appearance.
The process of Invisalign
- The procedure begins through an initial consultation with the dentist. An overall dental checkup helps to analyze the dental condition of the patient.
- The orthodontist creates a treatment plan according to the dental condition of the patient. The 3D images of the teeth are taken using digital imaging systems. The impressions attained are sent to the laboratory for fabrication.
- The Invisalign aligner is fixed onto the teeth. The dentists advise the patient to follow instructions for better results.
- The patient has to visit the dentist every two weeks for a new set of aligners.
- Each patient may take different durations to attain the treatment's complete outcome depending on the dental condition. The dentist advises the patient to wear the Invisalign for at least 22 hours a day to achieve better results.
Caring for Invisalign
Patients should clean the aligners by strictly following the instructions. A soft-bristled brush must be used to clean the Invisalign. The dentist also provides a solution to the patient in which the aligner can be immersed to keep it steer of bacteria. The patient should rinse the mouth after each meal before wearing the aligner. A regular dental visit is essential to analyze the changes caused by wearing the aligner.
Invisalign aligners are an appropriate choice of orthodontic treatment for patients who are conscious of wearing traditional braces. It is a pain-free and comfortable device that dentists recommend for patients. It provides the same results and does not cause any inconvenience to the patient.
Anthony F Corbo DDS, located in Lauderdale, FL, has expert dentists who provide dental treatments for patients. Call (954) 434-2234 and book an appointment with the dentistry to know more orthodontic treatments and receive a complete dental checkup.